Twitter

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Re: Upcycled Butterflies & More!

Hello Readers,
Just finished working on my first set of wood miniature magnets for a dear friend and it sure is joyful to see the end result of my creations. Pictures are so overdue as we are trying
to work on a light box for better miniature clarity and sophistication. So hoping to post something by the weekend. My art journey is taking on a new turn with wood painting and I love ecofriendly materials-bring'em all!
Today's showcase is artist Billie Anderson from Montana. Billie has been an artist/photographer/basket weaver/seamstress/candlemaker/crafter for over 40 years, having painted large canvas rugs, wall tapestries, and furniture. Recently she has started to use Photoshop to design digital collages, or photomontages, and then having art prints of her designs made by a professional photo lab, custom printed onto designer fabric where Billie then gives new life to surplus bags by sewing the fabric onto the flaps. She also makes pillow covers and other home decor. Check out her awesome etsy shop:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/floorartetc
      This one's my pick! I love butterflies! If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.  ~Mary Engelbreit

2 comments:

  1. I just seen your link on twitter which sent me to your Etsy shop. Which I love!Now Im following your blog. The butterfly bag is beautiful.

    Jenny
    http://glasscitygifts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...